Search This Blog

Sunday 28 August 2011

The Clover Approach

So My eldest son has Asperger's (more about this at a later date).
Lately he has not been sleeping to well - he's been fearful and waking.
Maybe this is just what happens at 6...maybe this is the Asperger's .

Luckily enough, I live across the road from a natural therapy centre Clover House
http://www.cloverhouse.org/ - this is them.

The only contact I had (until recently) was to donate my gliding chair to them about a year ago.

So after 6 weeks of sitting on the floor of my 6 year old's bedroom floor for up to 3 hours, just waiting for him to sleep - only to have to wake at night due to his night terrors.
We finally decided enough was enough,  (gluttons for punishment I believe). And phoned Clover House.

They take a 3 pronged approach (hence Clover Leaf) - Imagery Therapy, Massage, and perhaps my favorite - Nutrition.


We spent about 3 hours there, and my (oh so impatient) son, was not bored once!! :O


The Imagery Therapy went well - Blog to follow 

As did the massage,

The Nutrition was  interesting, as I instinctively knew what I should do, what foods affected him etc - but yes we were making mistakes.


I guess things are getting better, we are following the techniques - my lesson, trust your instincts, and ask for help (two of my biggest weakness')
perhaps I will learn one day!!


Will breakdown treatments in further blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment